Re: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: Re: ethical consulting practices?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 08:26:20 -0600

Andrew Plato wrote:

> Wrong. This is absolutely the agency's business. If you want to use the
> services of a recruiter, then you need to be honest with them about where you
> are interviewing.
>
> It looks bad when a recruiter submits a candidate to a client where the
> candidate has already interviewed.

So you would send a writer's resume to a client without first informing the writer?
Is that a common practice? I've only dealt with a recruiter once, and that was many
years ago, so things may be different now, but they notified me before they
submitted my resume. It certainly seems that checking with the writer before you
send their resume would prevent you from submitting a candidate who had already
been submitted.

> However, there are also a flaming megabutt-load of smug, ego-maniacs with
> enormous chips on their shoulders <snip>

There certainly are.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc