OT? Problems receiving PDF files

Subject: OT? Problems receiving PDF files
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:50:53 -0800

To all you PDF gurus

Please answer offlist.

I do the weekly newsletter for the Rotary Club to which I belong. I am
using PM6. I send it PDF to many of our members. We have been sending out
issues this way with no problems for three or four months.The issues for
the last three weeks have had processing problems. This week the first
page was giving problems described to me as:

The message came up that there were "problems processing this page" and
then only half the page appeared - the other three pages were fine. When
going back to p. 1, the page had disappeared completely.

The last two issues it was page 2 with pages 1, 3 & 4 coming in OK.

This is not happening for all those receiving, e.g., I send it to myself
at two different addresses and have no problems.

I have been unable to connect it to any particular ISP. As far as I know,
everyone has downloaded Acrobat Reader 4. We published the way to do this
several times.

One of the members said that rebooting fixed it for him. But others have
found this not to be the case.

I don't start new each week, I bring up the last issue and make changes.
So, because of the problems for the issues one and two weeks ago (p. 2),
I went a couple of months back and worked off of that issue. And this
issue the problem transferred to p. 1.

What I am searching for is an answer to Why? and a list of possible fixes
that I can send to the list that receives the newsletter.

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman