RE: Graduate school: Utah State's online program

Subject: RE: Graduate school: Utah State's online program
From: Curtis Matthews <cmatthews -at- cpcus -dot- com>
To: Andrea McCauley <Andrea -dot- McCauley -at- slhnet -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:42:49 -0500

Hi Andrea,

I am currently enrolled in an online graduate program in Technical
Communication Management at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. I don't
know what you're looking for in terms of background, but this program is
pretty progressive in its approach. Rather than focusing solely on the
foundations of technical communication (such as cognition & learning theory
and usability theory), it is focused on applying them in real-world
situations and case studies.

If you want to learn more, check out
http://www.mercer.edu/mstco/default.htm. Some of the info on this page is a
bit dated -- very little in this class is done by sending VCR tapes anymore,
for example -- but it should give you an idea of the class's philosophy and
foundations. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, or you could
e-mail the class advisor, Dr. David Leonard, at leonard_dc -at- mercer -dot- edu -dot-

Curtis Matthews
cmatthews -at- cpcus -dot- com