RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?

Subject: RE: Where do 'old' techwriters go to die?
From: "Nancy Smith" <smithcds -at- ici -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:25:40 -0500

I got into it by promotion.

Difference between being a pubs manager verses a tech
writer:

+ You start out feeling like a glorified admin. assistant --
getting what the writers need and troubleshooting for them!
(That does change, sorta'...)

+ You either don't get to write at all or you do the least
interesting grunt work part of the writing and/or you may
have to clean up some of your writers' writing!