Re: Agencies

Subject: Re: Agencies
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:32:32 -0800

Blaine-

> 2. They seem to be finding more leads - maybe that's a result of the
> booming market; maybe it's that they're really scrambling - I suspect that
> both are valid, plus I have found that they may not be doing a good job of
> finding out what the client REALLY wants - I've been "perfect" for a job
> according to the agency, then the client trots out some other "must have"
> that I don't have (or is that just their gutless way of saying no?)

It's the market. There really is a hot market out there at the moment, so what
you're seeing is probably a combination of the lack of qualified prospects and a
LOT of openings. As for finding out what the client really wants - that's
frequently not the agency's fault - an awful lot of times what the hiring manager
decides he/she wants changes between the time the agency gets contacted and the
time a candidate is presented.

> 3. No matter where you are, the better jobs are somewhere else.

I wouldn't say that. It may *appear* that way, mostly because someone else was
bragging and conveniently leaving out details that you wouldn't like.

Enjoy the market while it lasts!

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems