Hosted Applications - Documentation and Help Systems

Subject: Hosted Applications - Documentation and Help Systems
From: "Techwhirl Reader" <techwhirl -at- mail -dot- technicalcommunication -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 05:59:56 PST

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone out there is working in the world of hosted applications. You know, the kind that are delivered on the web through a browser rather than on a CD shipped to clients.

This may be a massive new trend as Application Service Providors (ASPs) become more the norm.

Software as a service rather than a product.

My question is, anyone working on such a thing out there, and how are you handling it, what are you experiencing, etc. when developing help systems for it, or documenting it in general?

Thanks!

Imran Zaidi
imran -at- technicalcommunication -dot- com
http://www.technicalcommunication.com

PS. I get the digest, so a direct cc would be great!