Word-to-html vs. RoboHelp for Web help

Subject: Word-to-html vs. RoboHelp for Web help
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:37:46 -0800

Greetings all.

I'm developing my first online help system for a web site. My bosses want me
to justify the expense for Robohelp standard (which includes Web help) vs.
using Word's html function (I get nightmares at the thought). (My first
thought was, "Yeah, WOrd does everything else so well--not; I'm sure it does
something as complicated as this well, too. Not.) Since I've not used
Word-to-html, can anyone tell my exactly why this process is the nightmare I
know it's going to be? Thanks in advance.

Karen Field
Sr. Technical Writer
Stellcom, Inc.
kfield -at- stellcom -dot- com