RE: "Two-track" documentation

Subject: RE: "Two-track" documentation
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:41:34 -0800

I usually sit these discussions out, on the theory that I have waaaay more
to learn than I have to say. However, I just have to weigh in on this one.

Accuracy and level of detail are two very different things. We should always
be as accurate as we can manage. We should also take care to tailor the
level of (accurate) detail to the target audience(s).

Just a thought from a newbie.

-- Meg

[snip]

> I've even seen times when being technically accurate was a detriment to
> the docs because it made the view from the user's perspecitive excessively
> complicated.
[snip]