RE: Tracking off

Subject: RE: Tracking off
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:41:17 -0500

Hallo:

With all due respect, Windows 98 ships with a user manual that can best be
described as a short advertising brochure. Then we all go out and splurge
for the Developers Kit . . .. What I suggest is that maybe Apples
light-as-a-feather documentation does the job; maybe it doesn't. Maybe, 1.,
small manuals don't contain enough information. Maybe, 2., in enhancing the
simplicity, the book is useless. Consider, too, the expandability of the
typical Mac versus the typical Wintel box . . .. These computers are
inherently different and might be targeting different audiences . . ..

Of course, about the Mac book, I really don't know. Nonetheless, I'm not
sure the Mac-book-size analogy hits its target . . ..

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

(Please, no Mac/Wintel wars, I love both tools equally, and UNIX, and Amiga
. ..;?)