RE: Bitmap distortion in online documentation

Subject: RE: Bitmap distortion in online documentation
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Andrea McCauley" <Andrea -dot- McCauley -at- slhnet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:44:41 -0800

Andrea McCauley asked:

| I recommended that they leave the screen shots out or at least use a range
| in a particular screen shot. They still insist on the entire screen shot.
| Can anybody suggest a way to keep the .bmps legible in online
| help and keep
| my higher-ups happy by including whole screen shots in the help files?

You probably won't like it, but yes I can. If you want undistorted bitmaps
in your online help, you'll have to leave the bitmaps full size instead of
reducing them. If you must reduce them, do not reduce them by more than 10
or 15 percent; they will still be distorted, but at least they'll be more or
less legible.

Regards,

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-550-8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer