RE: Introducing graphics

Subject: RE: Introducing graphics
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'Karen Field'" <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:26:19 -0800

Hi,

Actually, unless the image is critical to the description that goes with it,
we don't use any referential or introductory text. Given the frequency with
which we single-source, we're never sure if we're always going to use a
given screenshot with the text. However, we always use "following" instead
of "above" or "below" and generally we'll say "diagram" or "screen shot"
wherever appropriate.

Darren Barefoot
Meridian Project Systems
Manager of Documentation