HTML and graphics in one download

Subject: HTML and graphics in one download
From: Alexandra Sutherland <Alexandra -dot- Sutherland -at- aspect -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:38:56 +1100

Here's one for the HTML experts out there.
We have an intranet site which provides reports to users. Graphics form part
of the report. Apart from reading the report from a browser (off a server),
the users want to be able to download the report BUT they want to be able to
download to the local PC as ONE file. That is, when they click a link for
report_doc they want to save report_doc.html and its associated image files
as one file or into one folder. Since images can't be embedded (they are
referenced) in an HTLM document, the solution I suggested is to create a
Java script to do this download (the implementation of this I leave to the
programmers). Has anyone had this problem before? Any solutions?
Please respond to me personally as I receive the digest. I will post a
summary of solutions.

Thanks
Alexandra Sutherland
(alexandra -dot- sutherland -at- aspect -dot- com -dot- au)