HUMOR: Stupid instructions

Subject: HUMOR: Stupid instructions
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- zeroknowledge -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:58:52 -0500

<off topic>
The holiday season and the imminent birth of my first child finds me
spending much of my time dreading the words "some assembly required". I have
seen all manner of assembly and handling instructions. Some are good, most
are adequate, and several are nothing short of heinous (leaving me to
contemplate making bids to overhaul their laughably called "instructions").
The worst instructions I have read, though, are from my wife's desktop
calendar. The December 19th entry from the *365 Stupidest Things Ever Said*
(Workman Publishing) reads: "To avoid breakage, keep bottom on top. Top
marked bottom to avoid confusion"
</off topic>

Trying to steer my message onto something resembling a valid topic:

Has anyone ever contacted the manufacturer of a product with poor
instructions and offered their professional services?

Paul
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (mailto:paul -at- zeroknowledge -dot- com)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge http://zeroknowledge.com
- My opinions should be handled like a power tool: with great care -

No Duckman, NOT irresistible - there's just enough to intrigue ONE woman,
the rest is up to you. Given your proven record of mind-bogglingly
destructive excess, we felt that giving you any more than that, would be
like giving Michael Jackson a drum of peanut oil and some cub scouts.
Allegedly. -- Cornfed