Re: HUMOR: Stupid instructions

Subject: Re: HUMOR: Stupid instructions
From: bbatorsk -at- admin -dot- nj -dot- devry -dot- edu
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:39:10 -0500

At 02:15 PM 12/21/99 -0800, David Castro, thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com wrote:

>Better yet, while still a student, I rewrote the instruction sheet that came
>with aquarium kits that a pet store sold without asking...>
>I reworked the format, the wording, and included a drawing of the "layers" of
>the fish tank, had about 100 copies made at Kinkos, and then dropped it
off on
>their front counter when nobody was up there (I was a bit shy about it,
then).

>I found later that they were, indeed, using the new instructions that I had
>created.

Good, I like the idea. I use a formal exercise of that type in my class,
but I never considered the possibility of guerilla warfare. Of course, in
my official capacity, I can't reward it, but who's to say a student-based
underground movement would not move the cause forward. I know the dangers
of subsitutionism (Carrie Nation), but at some point it's them or us, and
David has an auspicious name.

Yours in struggle,
Malraux (a nom de guerre)