Re: Total Waste of Time

Subject: Re: Total Waste of Time
From: "Michele Marques" <mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:01:37 -0500

I like the sign that Nancy mentioned! Although I like to have the
"right" word, and do believe it makes some difference, it's not
something I spend any time on, except to make a change (as
quickly as I can delete and type) when editing.

And although I may request once that a programmer change a
word on interface (or not get me to change a word in the docs),
95% of the time the word choice is not worth standing my ground
(i.e., not worth the time spent arguing) beyond that one request.

And most of that remaining 5% is for consistency with our other
applications.

- Michele

From: "Nancy E. Kaminski" <nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net>

> I have to agree with Andrew on this one (it was a lovely rant, Andrew!). It
> reminds me of an editor I once worked with. After she had been asked over
> and over for advice on which exact word or phrase to use in a document, she
> put a sign up in her cubicle:
>
> "You aren't Hemingway, it won't win a Nobel prize, just write the damned
> document!"
>
> It got her point across. <g>
>
> Nancy Kaminski

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280