RE: conditional text in Word

Subject: RE: conditional text in Word
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:04:00 -0500

Benzi,

There is no formal way to apply conditional text in Word, but it's fairly
easy to accomplish. You can use a combination of color coding text or
graphics (Format | Font | Color), and then searching for and selectively
hiding text/graphic of a particular color. The method used by Doc-To-Help to
do this is a good example. They have added macro routines for toggling on
and off a particular condition/color, and then assigned these macros to
shortcut keys. If you are indexing with Word, you will also have to
carefully disable any conditionally hidden XE fields.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Consultant/Trainer
Microsoft HTML Help MVP

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
Phone 201-714-9525