Re: OT: Screen captures without marquee

Subject: Re: OT: Screen captures without marquee
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:22:48 -0800

At 02:59 PM 12/22/99 -0500, SusanP wrote:
>Cross-posted to the TechWriters List
>
>I'm using SnagIt to do my screen captures, and the area where there is a
>scroll bar is filled is a check pattern (what I call a marquee). Does anyone
>know how to remove the marquee so that the screen captures are clean?

Well, yabbut, it isn't a marquee -- that's the dotted line or "crawling
ants" line that you drag around a graphic to select it. What you have is
a moire (pronounced more-ray) pattern -- just like you see when somebody
on TV wears a plaid jacket.

The usual way to eliminate these patterns is to reduce the number of
screen colors to 16 before you do your screen grab.

HTH!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams