QUERY: Alignment of Footer in Word

Subject: QUERY: Alignment of Footer in Word
From: Nicolette Srivastava <nicolette -dot- srivastava -at- htcinc -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'TWIN'" <twin -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:32:56 +0530

Hello;

This message is cross posted to TECHWR-L and TWIN.

I am creating a template in Word '97, and am trying to define the footer alignment so that it is consistent on both a portrait and a landscape page.

My footer contains the following information:

Document Title (aligned left) Version Number (in the center) Page # (aligned right)

I can use a table in the footer and have the three pieces of information aligned appropriately when I define the page in portrait orientation, but when I change the page to landscape, the columns are not the right size, and there's a large amount of blank space on the right hand side of the footer.

The users of the template will be randomly creating landscape sections in the middle of portrait documents, and I am trying to avoid the users having to manually redefine the footers for the landscape portions.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting the alignment to adjust automatically when the page layout is changed to landscape? Is there a better way of doing this?

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolette Srivastava
Manager, Technical Documentation
Hi Tech Consultants, Inc.
mailto:nicolette -dot- srivastava -at- htcinc -dot- com
http://www.htcinc.com