Engineers, Technical English and Internet.

Subject: Engineers, Technical English and Internet.
From: "Felipe Aguilar" <aguilar -at- ozu -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 99 09:49:46 +0100

Albacete, 12-27-99

Internet has become more and more necessary for people who work in the world of Engineering and Science. On the one hand, Internet can be considered as the largest database in the world, where you can find all kinds of information. On the other hand, it is the fastest way to communicate with other people and establish relationships either with clients or suppliers. This is just a simple view of this issue, since Internet can provide us with so many services that people can use it for multiple purposes.

I am a Spanish Industrial Engineering student, and I am writing my End of Sudies Project. In it, I am studying how important the knowledge of Technical English is for engineers, scientists, technicians and, of course, technical writers, because English is the common language in Internet. So I would like you, as professionals, to share your opinions about this topic through this list, and send me any kind of references (bibliography) you can.

I have already found some information about this. However, I think it would be interesting to know your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Felipe Aguilar.

Enviado desde http://correo.ozu.es/