Re: Special fonts in Word 97, was RE: Great font for lines of code?

Subject: Re: Special fonts in Word 97, was RE: Great font for lines of code?
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
To: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:03:08 -0500

Word 97 has an option you can set: embed fonts. That should allow the
font to be carried along as part of the file. However, Stone is a
PostScript font, which means that you will not be able to print it out
properly unless you have a PostScript printer, or a type manager of some
sort with allows your non PS printer to approximate the PS font.

We are using Stone in some of our publications right now, and it is a
nice font. It is particularly nice for those of us who don't consider
ourselves graphic design experts because the Stone font family is
specifically designed to give you both serif and sans serif as well as
"special effect" fonts so that if you decide to use it, you don't need
to figure out what other fonts should properly accompany it.

Chris Kowalchuk