Converting *.rtf File to Word *.doc File??

Subject: Converting *.rtf File to Word *.doc File??
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:15:53 EST

It's possible that the .RTF file was encoded prior to being archived into the
ZIP file. You could try examining the file in a text editor in an effort to
discern
its true present format.

Another option in Word 97 is to open the file with the "Recover text from any
file" option selected.

Jim Groark

From: MorganFoster5000 -at- aol -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:04:43 EST

I downloaded an attachment in MIME and used WINZIP 7.0 to "extract" the
files. Two were in word (*.doc) format and opened just fine in Word 97
(Windows 95 PC). However, one file is in "rich text format" (*.rtf) and I
cannot get Word 97 to open it, even though it lists rich text format as one
of the files it converts to word. Does anyone have any idea how I can
convert this *.rtf file to *.doc? I need to convert and edit it in Word for
a client.

Thanks for any help offered.

Morgan
MorganFoster5000 -at- aol -dot- com