Re: Tech Writer Certification/Degrees

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Certification/Degrees
From: rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:28:30

--------
From: Chris Fitzgerald <chrisfitztex -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:48:29 -0800 (PST)
[excerpted]

I've been researching online and on-campus programs for tech.
writing and have seen everything from $12/unit (cheap) to $1,800
per course (local degree slinger).
---------

I'd be very interested in the fruits of this search, or in anyone else's
first-hand knowledge of tech-writing education or certification. From
years
of watching the available jobs for teachers of technical writing, I've
concluded that it's only recently that the world of academe has even begun
to get a clue of what it *really* takes to do our jobs.

Robert Parker
rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com
Welkin Technical Communications
http://www.welkintech.com/
We make technical communications concise, elegant, and effective.