Preliminary results - Survey of writers in small and startup soft ware companies

Subject: Preliminary results - Survey of writers in small and startup soft ware companies
From: David Farbey <David -dot- Farbey -at- lazysoft -dot- com>
To: "'techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk'" <techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk>, "'TECHWR-L list'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'STC Lone Writer SIG'" <stclwrsig-l -at- stc -dot- org>, "'techshoret -at- onelist -dot- com'" <techshoret -at- onelist -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:13:35 -0000

In December 1999, I asked subscribers to a number of technical writing
mailing lists to take part in a survey of writers at small and startup
software companies.

Over seventy writers from a number of countries including the USA, the UK,
the Netherlands, and Israel replied to the survey, and I have now published
my preliminary results at http://dfarbey.tripod.com/writing.html

This survey is part of my research for a presentation at the forthcoming
FORUM 2000 conference in London in June, and I will be presenting more
details from the survey at the conference. Information on the conference is
available at http://www.istc.org.uk/forum.htm

I look forward to meeting many of you there.

Regards,

David Farbey
Technical Writer
Lazy Software Ltd
david -dot- farbey -at- lazysoft -dot- com