RE: Equal pay for tw and trainers?

Subject: RE: Equal pay for tw and trainers?
From: "John Locke" <john -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: <john -at- freelock -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:18:26 -0800

Why not? Regardless of whether the general trainer pay scale is lower or
higher than that of a tech writer, you're a professional bringing years of
experience to the job. Your potential employer is buying your time, with all
of your experience. If it's a job that rewards you in other ways, I would
consider a slight cut in pay, but probably not more than 10%.

In today's job market, we're all in a position to name our prices. It's a
lot harder to find a good person, and keep them, than it is to pay them well
for their efforts...

This is speaking as a freelancer... I can't afford to take a job for less
than my going rate, unless I think it will lead to more later...

Cheers,
John
http://www.freelock.com