Re: techwr-l digest: January 13, 2000

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: January 13, 2000
From: "Prashant N" <prashant -at- srindia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:00:01 +0530

Hi,

My two cents.

I was evaluating some screen capture s/w over the last couple of days. I
personally feel that SnagIt is the best of the lot-both in features and ease
of use.

One advantage is the ability to store the output in different formats as
mentioned. As you may already know, usage of .jpg format instead of .bmp
results in the reduction of the file size by 90+%.

The other big advantage is the facility for capture of non-scrolling regions
on the screen. This is either not available or is a pain to use on similar
software.

For more info on SnagIt visit: www.TechSmith.com
A complete list of different screen capture programs is available at
www.cyberec.tucows.com/scapnt.html

Prashant.N
Technical Writer
www.ecredit.com
prashant -at- srindia -dot- com

>Somebody may have already posted this (I'm still sifting through the
messages), but Snagit will capture in any format - even >png. I capture
web pages, using the scroll feature, as *.gif. IMO, Illustrator is not
necessary, Snagit can do it all. If you end up >needing to crop an image,
Snagit can even open the file and you can then crop, or whatever.