Electronic grammar-checker

Subject: Electronic grammar-checker
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:08:38 +0100

Hello

I am looking for a standalone electronic grammar-checker for Windows. I
know Word has a grammar-checker but I would need a good standalone product.
I am new to the list but I did my homework and searched the archive. I only
found Mac software.

I would define good as:

- catch many errors
- limit false alerts
- ease of use
- import/export many file format
- has an option to turn off unwanted rules

On the archive, I found a reference to a Mac product Grammarian 2. I
visited the web site of the vendor and they have no Windows version. I also
found a reference to Grammatik, again for Mac, but I could not find the
vendor's web so I don't know if they have a Windows version.

Thanks for any help

--ben
Benoît Marchal, Pineapplesoft

"XML by Example" book, "Servlet, XML and XSL" article, "PSLink" newsletter
xmli.com has information for web developers - www.xmli.com