Document layout

Subject: Document layout
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 16:40:19 +0000

Just changed jobs and the first task I'm working on is quite technical
databook aimed at engineers with a general knowledge of the material.
Previously all docs have been produced by the engineers to varying
standards and what I've got at the moment is 70 pages, 2-column in
8-point Times New Roman - aaaaah!

Not what I'd personally choose for highly technical material so I'm
going to change it quick. My first thought is to go for a fairly
standard layout - headers in maybe Arial with the body text in something
like garamond with a nice wide margin to keep the character/line ratio
down.

This seems like a fair mix for "techie" stuff - any/all other
suggestions welcome.

Damien Braniff

--

Integrated Silicon Systems Ltd. Tel: +44 28 90 50 4000
50 Malone Road Fax: +44 28 90 50 4001