Re: The origins of task-oriented writing as a preference

Subject: Re: The origins of task-oriented writing as a preference
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:24:13 +0000

Quite some time ago I was producing documentation for a Navy sonar system. We
were told to produce a Reference Manual instead of a procedural User Manual as
they were of the opinion that we could only tell them what it was capable of
doing, not how they would use it!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author

Integrated Silicon Systems Ltd. Tel: +44 28 90 50 4000
50 Malone Road Fax: +44 28 90 50 4001
Belfast BT9 5BS Web: www.iss-dsp.com