Re: "pre-installation"?

Subject: Re: "pre-installation"?
From: Katav <katav -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:25:56 -0800 (PST)

Not certain it is a "better idea," by how about:

Installation Preparation
Preparing <equipment> for Installation
Site Preparation
Readying the <Equipment> (sounds British to me)
Pre-installation (followed by Installation section)

(substitute words in carrots/angles for equipment
name)

--- Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com> wrote:
> The Installation Guide has 2 sections:
>
> * The first deals with everything that has to be
> done before installing our
> actual application (operating system, databases,
> environment, etc.).
> * The second explains how to install the app.
>
> What should the first section be called? Someone
> here suggested
> "Pre-installation Configuration".
> Anyone have a better idea?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Benzi Schreiber
> benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com

=====
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

http://im.yahoo.com