Re: definition for softkeys (soft keys)

Subject: Re: definition for softkeys (soft keys)
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: renee -at- e-sim -dot- co -dot- il, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:16:37 -0800

A softkey is an actual key that will select something on a video area. The
names on the video area may change, but to select the option you press the
softkey. Look at your cell phone and see if you have softkeys.

An Example:
_____________
| My phone |
| |
| | <--- video screen
|MENU BOOK |
|____________|
^ ^ <--- real buttons

(If you can't see the illustration, try formatting it in a typewriter-style
font.)

In the illustration, if you wanted to use the menu, you would press the button
represented by the left up arrow. If you wanted to use the book, you would
press the button represented here by the right arrow. The buttons are real.
The selections are on the screen. The selections offered change according to
what's happening.

That's my understanding.

Marilynne