Re: Disabling Print

Subject: Re: Disabling Print
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:00:20 -0800 (PST)

--- "Susan W. Gallagher" <susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com>
> why not just make the print-out worthless? Change
> the colors of
> your doc to a dark background with white, cyan, or
> yellow print.
> The document remains readable on-screen, but the
> printer produces
> nothing but a blank page.

A respectable workaround, Susan, but I've recently
just overcome that issue on a website... I simply
highlighted the text I wanted, copied it to the
clipboard and then pasted it into a word document, and
printed from there.

I also used that technique to pull together an article
made up of 4 or 5 web pages into a coherent whole for
my archives.

the thing is, if you get someone who *really* wants a
printed copy, I think the best you can do is
discourage them, not prevent them.

I find reading long or detailed articles on the
computer screen very tireing, and will do just about
anything to get a hard copy so I can actually *read*
the thing.

-Becca

http://im.yahoo.com