RE: Research Request (dissonance)

Subject: RE: Research Request (dissonance)
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- dttus -dot- com>
To: mgos -at- lee -dot- edu, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 21 Jan 2000 16:22:28 -0600

The only job dissonance I've experienced goes like this:

1. The English major (working secretly on a novel/novella/screenplay/poetry
collection) thinks the guy who specializes in writing macros is a lousy writer
and should be transferred to tech support or something similar.

2. The Science major who creates macros for everything resents having to teach
the English major/novelist how to format a simple document.

3. The person who does both tasks well looks at the people on either side and
understands why their inboxes, and their pay envelopes, are not as full as
his/her own.

Fortunately, the team I'm on was designed to include a wide variety of people
types and skill types.