Re: Copyright in CSS file

Subject: Re: Copyright in CSS file
From: "Robert Parker" <rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:30:18 -0800

If you're copyrighting the CSS file itself, simply insert a comment within
the file.

If you want to use CSS to put copyright statements at the bottom of each
displyed HTML file...well, there are other ways. Three come to mind:

1. Hard-code it. In other words, type it in to every file. Labor intensive,
but with a brutal low-tech simplicity.
2. If you have Dreamweaver, use templates to insert the (C) line. Elegant
and simple, and you should be using Dreamweaver anyway 'cause it's so cool.
(No, I'm not a stockholder. <g>)
3. If you have HomeSite or an equivalent editor, use the S&R feature to
simplicity as #1, but less labor intensive.

I'm sure there are as many hacks as there are hackers to accomplish the same
thing, but CSS may not be the best of them.

Good luck!
Robert Parker
rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com
Welkin Technical Communications
http://www.welkintech.com/
We make technical communications concise, elegant, and effective.