Re: Forced to read the manual/re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Forced to read the manual/re: FrameMaker
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:00:11 -0600

Beth Kane wrote of her frustration with Frame's online help and hardcopy
documentation. With Eric's permission, I'm forwarding to the list the
information I sent her.

Beth: I couldn't agree more. I find Tom Neuburger's book "Mastering
FrameMaker 5" much more helpful, but it has been out of print for a long
time. Thus I pass on this good news to you. Tom's email address is
thomasn -at- twelfthnight -dot- com -dot-

<quote>

Hi all,

We're done!

It looks like the printing issues are resolved. I've signed
the papers and ordered an initial print run. We'll have
books in hand in just a few weeks. The quality should be
close to that of the original, same size and perfect-bound.

So if you wish to order Mastering FrameMaker 5,
you can do so now. See below for more information.

I've sized the first run for those who wanted copies as
soon as available. I'll fill orders from that run as I
receive them, then reprint as needed. If it looks like
demand is steady, I'll also keep some copies on hand.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement, advice,
and patience! This has been quite a learning experience,
and a fascinating journey.

As always, please email me if you have further questions.

How to Order
------------
Cost: $50.00 US per book
+ 5.00 postage/handling per order

Please email me for prices on orders of 10 or more.

Make check or money order out to "Thomas Neuburger".

Send your payment, email address or phone number, and
"ship to" location to:

Thomas Neuburger
8127 NW Hazeltine Street
Portland OR 97227

Books will be sent First Class mail unless requested otherwise.

If you email me that your order is coming, I'll watch for it.
This will also help to size future print runs.

Note -- I hope soon to make copies available via the Web,
and also through Amazon. I'll send more information on
these avenues as I have it.

Again, many thanks!

Tom Neuburger

<end quote>