RE: User Guide Question

Subject: RE: User Guide Question
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Joanne Meehl" <Jmeehl -at- datum -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:37:08 -0500

I suggest that you make up an appendix/attachment that would address "ALL"
extensions.

In an A-Z list, I would put it under the following headings: Extensions,
File; Files, Extensions; Filenames, Extensions.

You could also put it first, before all of the A-Z information, as it (the "
dot ") is not of the character set A-Z.

Then you could have covered 'all of the bases' and have several points of
reference.

I have had difficulty in extensions also. Especially when viewing
directory/folder lists where the filename includes an 'unknown' (to me)
extension.

For instance, what would ".wb3" be? Is it a "workbook" which includes
several (more than two) worksheets? In our case, that is what it is.

BTW, If someone has created such an "extensions" list, it would be
interesting to see it.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of this
email are mine and mine alone. They are not the thoughts, ideas,
and/or opinions of any past, present, or future employers, or any
group that I might belong to."