Re: How difficult is it to install Windows 98?

Subject: Re: How difficult is it to install Windows 98?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:12:44 -0600

In our previous episode, Carnall, Jane wrote:

Offlist answers, please!

My laptop computer was stolen two or three weeks ago. The toerags who took
it missed my software CDs, which included the CD for Windows 98. I can buy a
replacement more cheaply (the difference is 70 ukp) if I buy it without
Windows and install Windows 98 from the CD.

Has anyone installed Windows 98 and can tell me how foolproof (or how
tricky!) it is to install?

It's a doddle. Really. Just stick the disk in, type "setup", take the "typical install" choice, and let it do its thing. One of the nice things about Windows 98 is that it's easy to add elements later if you need them, without doing any reinstall.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.