Re: Copyrights

Subject: Re: Copyrights
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:25:07 -0800 (PST)

I don't see it that way. If I'm employed by a company,
either as an employee or a contractor, I do the work
and I'm paid for it. What they do with it after that
is up to them. If they win an award for it, cool. I
don't care if I'm not given credit, as long as someone
who had nothing to do with it isn't given the credit.
A company can represent material as the company and as
long as I'm paid for it, I'm done with it.

Saves alot of moaning and groaning from my end, too.

--- Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com> wrote:
> In my personal opinion, the company's behavior was
> very unethical. They might
> have owned the work, but should have included the
> consultant's name in the

why?

> application and given that person credit. If an
> employee had done the work, that
> employee should have gotten the credit along with
> the company. I'm glad they

why?

It might be nice, but from my end, it's not required.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
http://im.yahoo.com