Re: Copyrights

Subject: Re: Copyrights
From: "TrishGreen" <TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:53:28 -0600

I'm sure there are no legal statues in this regard -- though Miss Manners
and Emily Post may have some specific rules applying to situations like
these.

It seems to me that the company -- who interviewed you, chose you from
oodles of candidates, trained you [rolling my eyes], etc. -- owns the award.
It's just plain polite for them to acknowledge you-the-writer upon award
acceptance both verbally and in writing (for you portfolio). Maybe some even
do this.

Trish Green
Malachite Finch Publishing, Ltd.