"Team Player" - Please Define?

Subject: "Team Player" - Please Define?
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:00:08 PST

Question for all listserv members:

I am looking at a tech comm job listing that states that the future employee must be a "team player". What is meant by this? Specifics please.

Digression: I have always been a firm believer in the old business saying, "Only two percent(2%) of all people [employees] are problem solvers, the rest are just along for the ride." My belief in such makes it very hard for me to envision a true "team" environment - where everyone assumes an equal portion of the more difficult tasks.

All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)