RE: FrameMaker 2000?

Subject: RE: FrameMaker 2000?
From: "Beth Kane" <bethkane -at- tcisolutions -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:29:06 -0700

A major reason many firms don't want to say just when the next release is
coming is that doing so can _severely_ hurt sales of the current release.
This is a proven fact.

Companies need to do everything they can to ensure that sales continue at a
healthy pace at all times. They must actively discourage buyers from holding
off for a new release.

Places I've worked have felt free to tell users that future releases are
under development. But employees were prohibited from estimating a new
release date. In addition to the current sales stability issue, no one ever
knows exactly how long software development will really take.

So I think we'll have to be satisfied with the hints that Frame v6 is coming
someday!

I just wish they would release patches more often. Version 5.5.6 has been
out for a LONG time with no patches. True, it's pretty stable. But I'd like
a patch that includes a good online help system! ;-)

Beth Kane
Senior Technical Writer
Total Control Information Inc.
bethkane -at- tcisolutions -dot- com