Re: Importing Cardfile (from Windows 3.1) to MS Acesss 97

Subject: Re: Importing Cardfile (from Windows 3.1) to MS Acesss 97
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "Michael Sussman" <msussman -at- earthling -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:03:35 -0600

In our previous episode, Michael Sussman wrote:

Whew, ancient history here. If you have Win 3.1 installed, see if you have
the option of saving the file in a "delimited" format, such as
comma-delimited or tab-delimited. Or you might first see which format types
MS Access 97 accepts.

I'm still using Cardfile (under the theory that if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid), and I don't think there's any way to export Cardfile information from there to some other program. The problem is that a Cardfile entry isn't at all delimited; it's totally free-form.

You can open a .crd file as text, but there's a lot of extraneous junk; I suspect it'd be simpler to just copy and paste from Cardfile to the other program.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.