RE: STC SIGs - scam or resource?

Subject: RE: STC SIGs - scam or resource?
From: William Swallow <william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:12:08 -0500

Though I highly doubt the scam theory, I do have to question how organized
these SIGs and the STC really are. As a first-time member of the STC, I was
happy to receive my welcome package and my first issue of Intercom. However
I am still waiting to hear from:

My local chapter (Mohawk region, NY)

Emerging Technologies SIG

Information Design SIG

Online Information SIG

Usability SIG

and the STC regarding a receipt for my payment.

Considering all the good things I've heard about the STC over the years,
this is a real disappointment. I'm looking forward to sharing what I know
with the SIGs as well as hearing what others know. I'm also looking forward
to completing my expense report to get compensated for my membership by my
employer, for which I need the receipt.

Anyhow, the stories in Intercom were interesting. I'm just waiting for the
full experience.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Inc.
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

"The places I hiked to! - The roads that I rambled
To find the best eggs - that have ever been scrambled!
If you want to get eggs - you can't buy at a store,
You have to do things - never thought of before."
from: "Scrambled Eggs Super!" by Dr. Seuss