Re: Is Contents Singular or Plural?

Subject: Re: Is Contents Singular or Plural?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <sahrehold -at- winspc -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:00:14 -0800

I don't think so in this case. If he were referring to the table of
Contents, I would agree. But I think in this case, he is actually using the
contents as a plural noun. He is using it as the contents are a collection
of items resulting from the search/whatever happened.

At least to this native ear...

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com