XML/SGML and Content Management Solutions

Subject: XML/SGML and Content Management Solutions
From: "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:54:50 -0600

I'm currently in the process of researching solutions to convert a very =
large volume of technical documentation into xml and to be housed in a =
content repository such as Chrystal Astoria or Poet.

There will be well over 100 authors/contributors who will need to access =
this information to make changes before validation, therefore the =
authoring solution must be simple to use. They are currently authoring in =
a mainframe environment in a basic text editing mode.=20

So I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any authoring environments other =
than Frame, Arbortext, XMetal and Word. The tool must be capabable of both =
import and export of XML.=20

Also we are looking for a good content management tool to go along with =
the authoring tool. I have been in contact with the folks at Chrystal and =
at POet, and Interleaf's Bladerunner. What I'm wondering is - are these =
the key players here? Any others around?

I've seen references to dynatext and documentum but the information I've =
been able to find is sketchy and I'm unsure whether these would be =
suitable as a possible solution.

Thanks for your help.

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.
kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com