RE: "Team Player" - Please Define?

Subject: RE: "Team Player" - Please Define?
From: Karen Casemier <KCasemier -at- xrite -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:47:48 -0500

Sandy Harris wrote (in response to the always entertaining Plato):
>>This assumes reward is the motivator. Sounds to me like you've swallowed
the whole market-driven schtick. <<

I guess I'm a bad technical writer. I would much prefer to spend my free
time with my husband, my dogs, my cat, my horse, good food, good wine, good
music, and good books rather than write help systems. The reason I do go to
work every day is I need to pay for those things (well, er, not the husband.
He pays for himself).

Unlike the majority of people in the work force, I don't hate my job. I
actually kind of like it. But there is no way I would do it without the
financial reward. And there is no way I would work as hard as I do if I
could do 1/2 the work for the same reward. I have a feeling I'm not alone.

Karen R. Casemier
Senior Technical Writer
X-Rite, Inc. - World Headquarters
kcasemier -at- xrite -dot- com
616.257.2405
"Half my life is an act of revision." - John Irving