Re: How much is too much? (Long, as usual)

Subject: Re: How much is too much? (Long, as usual)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:19:39 +0100

At 09:00 AM 2/14/00 , you wrote:
>"Read and understand Chapters X and Y and Z, then
>formalize your security policy and walk through at least
>one "dry run" before you ever pick up the hardware. You
>must consider all the variables and carefully think
>through the policies and procedures you will adopt. For

Yours is not a documentation problem only.

Make sure there is a "dry-run" option in the software and make sure it is
the default (i.e. the first time, I'm likely to be in "dry-run" and the box
says "don't uncheck this unless you're an expert").

--ben
Benoît Marchal, Pineapplesoft

As e-commerce Grows, Understanding XML Becomes a Key Job Skill
XML by Example / $24.99 / ISBN 0-7897-2242-9 / www.worth-it.com