Re: Yo, Admin! Someone's SPAMMING!

Subject: Re: Yo, Admin! Someone's SPAMMING!
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: Techwhirl Reader <techwhirl -at- mail -dot- technicalcommunication -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:19:55 -0600

Reader and list,

I am replying to the list since this person posted this to the list.

Hotmail is ANTI-SPAM. If you e-mail Hotmail's postmaster (postmaster -at- hotmail -dot- com) with the text of the message and the Hotmail user's address, they will cancel the Hotmail user's account. I did this when I recently received a similar message, and was notified a day or two later that Hotmail had
cancelled the account. I imagine that complaints to the postmaster of any e-mail service will produce similar results.

In many cases, there is nothing you can do about the spam. Do not click any URLs, because if you have cookies enabled the site could target you for further spam of the same type. Just delete the e-mail and move on.

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com