FW: Word 2000 and PDF

Subject: FW: Word 2000 and PDF
From: David Chisma <dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:25:34 +1100

Dave Chisma wrote:

I use Word 2000 with Acrobat 4 in a Windows NT environment.

Making PDFs is dead easy. When I want something quick and easy (no
bookmarks) I print to PDFWriter. When I want full headings to bookmarks and
TOC and cross-reference hyperlinks, I use the Create Adobe PDF command to
'print to Distiller' with the 'Print via Distiller's printer' option
selected. It doesn't automatically hyperlink to index entries, so if anyone
has worked this out, please let me know (I'm lazy).

You control the output by changing the Distiller settings. Exchange is still
the tweaking tool.

It really bugs me that it works so well (I wanted a compelling reason to use
FrameMaker).

Cheers, Dave Chisma