any cons to single sourcing?

Subject: any cons to single sourcing?
From: ctraynor -at- cybermation -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:31:48 -0500

Hi folks. I'm in the midst of researching single sourcing for the purpose
of putting together a business case. I'm well aware of the benefits, but
how about the other side of the story? Any difficult experiences or failed
attempts to implement a single sourcing process? What were the obstacles?
Were they overcome?
Lets here your stories (I need to know what I may be up against!!).

Thanks
Christina

C. Traynor
R&D Operations Manager