Re: Help needed with terminology

Subject: Re: Help needed with terminology
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:19:15 -0800

Suzanne, I would use "..to two places after the decimal point.

Marc

I need help with a specific term used in financial systems. I need to tell the
user to enter a number is a specific format - and I know there is a term for
this type of format. Here is an example:

Enter the Consumer Price Index (CPI) number with a significance of 2, i.e.
1.03.

Enter the % of Sales with a significance of 2, i.e. 5.75.

Does anybody know what the proper terminology would be? I don't think the
average user would necessarily understand the way I have worded it. Any
financial experts out there?

TIA,

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot."